Click here for a sample ballot to bring with you to the polling place.
Oswego IL Election 2011 On Facebook
Not happy with the direction of Oswego IL elected officials? Join the Facebook group and show your support for new leadership.
Iowa wrestler defaults rather than face girl – chicagotribune.com
This home-schooled student and wrestler made a classy wrestling move. Great job Joel!
Iowa wrestler defaults rather than face girl – chicagotribune.com.
Making sacrifices for the benefit of others
The United States is in trouble. All of us, not just the government. A huge deficit is a symptom of selfishness. Our nation is going into foreclosure because no one wants to make sacrifices. Politians don’t want to make the hard choices because it might end their career in politics. The people don’t want their programs cut nor do they want to pay more taxes. “Let someone else make the sacrifice, not me.” , they say.
“Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country” – President John F. Kennedy
The attitude of which JFK is speaking is what made this country great. However, fewer and fewer people have this attitude. People need strive to become assets to our country and not burdens, parasites. This is how our country is going to stay a great nation.
So call your elected officials and tell them, cut the budget and raise our taxes till it hurts. Because this is how we are going to stop our self destructive behavior. We want a strong United States for our children to enjoy and I’m willing to make sacrifices for that to happen.
Avoiding Sinus Infections
This is not a pleasant subject, yet one that I really feel I need to share.
Many many people suffer from chronic sinus infections. About every couple months I would contract a sinus infection that would reduce the quality of my life. This past September I visited my doctor hoping to get a course of antibiotics to cure a sinus infection. However, I got something better – he taught me how to cure and, more importantly, prevent sinus infections. After following his advice, I have avoided a sinus infection this Winter, so far.
I get sinus infections during allergy season and after a cold. The following practices during these times have prevented me from getting a sinus infection this year.
- Rinse my sinuses twice a day – When I brush my teach in the morning and evening, I also rinse my sinuses. Some people use a neti pot, but I can’t rinse my sinuses well enough. I use a Sinus Rinse from Neilmed . It really cleans out the sinuses quickly and easily. I ran out of the salt packets that came with the bottle so now I just use table salt directly from the large salt container. Rinsing the sinuses with salt water does two things. One, it gets ride of the junk in my sinuses and two, bacteria can’t grow in salt water.
- During times of allergies and colds I take pseudoephedrine (Sudafed). The 12 hour one works best for me. It keeps my sinuses clear of congestion. I usually buy the store brand, but in Illinois it’s behind the counter at the Pharmacy. Because it’s used to make meth, it has to be sign your name to buy it and show an ID. The stuff on the shelf labelled “PE” doesn’t work nearly as well.
- I also take Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) at night before I go to bed. I buy the store brand at Costco. The psuedoephedrine prevents me sleeping well. So the Diphenhydramine helps me sleep and also dries out my sinuses at night.
- I coat my nostrils with petroleum jelly before going to bed. It helps to keep my nostrils from getting dry and cracked.
- Drink lots of water. Drinking water is good for everything.
That’s it. Not only have a dodged sinus infections. I’ve less colds and the ones I have had have been shorter.